15 December 2009

Still Tickin'

Everything is going rather well here in Jujuy. Yesterday was transfer day. I am still here with Elder MacO and we have split the area and we now have two more elders living with us and that should be a cool opportunity. The majority of our lunch appointments we have together and all of the converts that I have taught now live outside of my area, but we will see each other in church every week and all that so that should be really cool. I am excited to be able to concentrate our efforts a little more in a smaller area and hopefully find people that we have never been able to meet before.

So, yesterday was super busy. We spent the majority of the day in the terminal waiting for the other elders to arrive or sending them out. Oh, and I was called to be district leader this transfer so that should be a new and exciting experience.

Last weekend Monica got baptized, it was a really cool experience; the best part was that Ricardo, one of my converts, was the one that was able to baptize her. He had to repeat the prayer a couple of times and put her under the water twice but it got done and it was a cool occasion. There weren't a whole lot of people there and her family didn't come but we had the support of the ward members and things are going well with her.

So right now we are making plans on how to work more effectively in our half of the area. We also did a lot of cleaning and setting up for the fact that we are living four in our apartment now. I'm gonna have to get used to having a little more responsibility now that I have to teach district meetings and do baptismal interviews and all that. I gotta step up my game and start remembering things a little better, but I think that it will be good for me. I like where we're at. We have a few good investigators and I really want to get to finding more more more people to teach. There really are so many things to do in the mission and just in life and in general and it gets me to thinking about a lot of things. One of the things that I love is that the Lord gives us comfort in all of this. Mosiah 4:26, 27, Joshua 1:8 and a little quote. "Many callings will cause you to feel incapable, but you will do them, because the callings come through the Lord´s ordained servants... the way will be opened unto you... your faith and trust in the lord will be great, and this will make you strong." I love you guys a ton. Keep it up, keep praying, keep serving, and keep being good :).

Much Love
Elder Jeff Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment