15 March 2010

Transfer!

March 8, 2010

Well, I don't have time to write right now, but I wanted to let you know that I was transferred to Simoca Monteros, Tucuman today. I don't know who my companion is yet, but I will be there later today. The bus got a little delayed due to a corte de ruta again so I'm taking advantage of this chunk of time to write. I will write more later, but I also wanted to let you know that the baptismal service for Rodrigo went through and it was awesome. I was sad to leave Elder Wade behind, but that’s the will of the Lord I guess. As for my new companion I think he is a native and I will be his step dad. All the missionaries that are coming into the zone that I am leaving are from my group so I won't get to see them once again, but it's all good. So, I will be writing you a little bit later. Know that I love you all. Take Care

Elder Rose

March 15, 2010

Monteros de Tucuman: Small town
Branch: 20-30 active members

Simoca de Tucuman: Even smaller town
Branch: 30-40 active members

Hey Everybody.

How are things going? Hope they're good. So yeah, I am in my new area with my new comp. The area is called Simoca Monteros because it actually covers two small towns and all the space in between. My companion's name is Elder Castro and he is from Chile. He has the same amount of time in the mission as Elder Wade. His trainer was actually from my group as well. So far it is a pretty cool place. I still don't know my way around very well, but I am catching on. I can get us unlost when my comp gets us lost :) ha-ha. But yeah, the cities are tiny but they are cool. We live in Monteros and on the days that we go to work in Simoca we take a twenty minute bus ride to the other city. Simoca is a super cool place. It is smaller than Monteros but there are more active members and it seems like there are more prospects. It's kind of funny though. Simoca is in the Guinness book of world records for the city with the highest percentage of alcohol consumption per capita in the world. So you would think that we would be teaching a lot of word of wisdom lessons and such right? Ha-ha. I have only been to Simoca once so far, but we are planning to go two or three times a week and then we switch off Sundays, one here one there one here one there. We are going to have a baptism at the end of the third week here. Two actually, if all goes well. We are really trying to find these people and help them out. We are also really trying to strengthen the branches in both areas. They need a little bit of help. On Sunday I spoke, blessed the sacrament, taught priesthood and helped out the branch president with the records of members and stuff like that, and I gave two blessings and tried to chase down some investigators and get them to church. The majority of the branch here is related. It would be as if you were to go to church on Sunday in Gilroy and it was just the Jensen and Eves families there with two missionaries. But things are well. I took out money today to buy new shoes. I will go look for them this next week or the week following when we head into the city :) ha-ha, that sounds funny, doesn't it?

Para los que reciben esto que no van a entender la mayoria de lo que esta escrito arriba, les digo algunas cosas. El area donde yo estoy ahora es lindo, dos pueblos chicquititos per bastante buenos. la iglesia aca es mas pequeña en el sentido del numero de personas que van al la iglesia y tambien es nada mas que una casita en llos does lugares donde hacemos las reuniones. nos debe hacer pensar en las grades bendiciones que tenemos por haber estado en un lugar dodnde la iglesia tenga todos los recursos, todos los lideres, actividades y bastante gente. nunca desprecien el impacto que pueda tener en la vida de uno por medio de compartir el evangelio, les quiero un monton y les extraño much. que esten bien y que sigan adelante que firmeza. les quiero ver un dia y poder contarles todo. hasta ese entonces. su amigo y hermano

Elder Jeffrey Darrell Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment