20 January 2010

Testimony and Pictures

Things that are going on here are pretty exciting. Not amazing, but they are cool. The baptism that we will be having is actually this Saturday at 5 our time. I think I may have told you that it was the last Saturday. We have one baptism for sure and there is a slim possibility for another but we have some good investigators that are close, they just have some challenges to overcome. Martin Suarez is scheduled for baptism this Saturday. We also have Natalia Lopez and Mikaea Moyata scheduled for baptism in a couple of weeks. We have a few more that are in the early stages of the teaching process but are very very good people who I would be thrilled to see get baptized.

If there is one thing that I have learned recently, most of the time it is not our desires that get fulfilled, but rather the desires of the Lord. These things depend highly on us because without us it would be more difficult for the Lord to do his work. I am not saying it wouldn't get done, but I am saying that we are really a key element in the Lord´s work and his glory. I know that whatever the Lord calls us to do, He is completely confident in our abilities to fulfill the tasks that have been turned over to us so far as we trust in the Lord. I have learned most on the mission that when we are always pleading for His help we are blessed. We may not be serving full-time missions but we are all missionaries in some way, shape or form, and whom the Lord CALLS he Qualifies. Don´t ever be afraid to do what the Lord has called you to do and don´t ever slack off either. Sometimes we get overwhelmed and discouraged.

I have a little theme in the mission. “The only time it is acceptable to not be standing up straight is when we are on our knees in prayer." We will go and we will do and we will receive the reward. We all know that is what we want so let´s forget ourselves and get to work. Whatever the challenge, whatever the struggle, whatever the concern, and whatever problem we have, if we take care of our stewardship's in the Lord´s kingdom, he´ll take care of us. ASK HIM, he will give; and in abundance. I know that this is true because I have been more highly blessed and favored of the Lord during these last 14 months than at any other point in my life. And I do not say that lightly, because my childhood was wonderful. I was given wonderful parents, a chosen brother and sisters. But there are certain things that I cherish that I have seen in my mission that just go beyond description. I am sure you can understand, if not, the Lord will allow you to experience what I have experienced if you ask sincerely for the opportunity.

The other details such as the language and things like that are important, but they are, nonetheless, secondary things. When we are blessed with the gift of tongues by a called and ordained servant of the Lord, we need not doubt that we will receive it if we are diligent and faithful. Our priority is to love the people amongst which we serve and wait for the blessings and then share those blessings with those same people, because they come from the Lord for all his children. Shall we not go on in so great a cause? Yes, I say yes we should because it is right, and it is what each of us wants. When our desires become the desires of the Lord, then our desires will always be fulfilled. Aligning those desires is the trick.

I love you all so much and I hope you can feel that love through this letter and this testimony. It is what I want to give to you on this special day. I love you all. Take care.

Tropic of Capricorn


Zone Conference

Elder Rose is still smiling! He and his companion are at Humahuaca, which is situated in the west of Jujuy Province. This is a colonial city that has narrow paved streets with streetlamps and adobe houses.Humahuaca was one of the most important trade centers of the region.

No comments:

Post a Comment