05 January 2010

Happy New Year Argie Style

Happy New Year from down under! Well the festivities aren't over here yet until the sixth of January which is Dia de Reyes Magos or Day of the Wise Men is what I think it is support to represent. So things are good. All of the holiday stuff has been throwing off the work pattern with all of the being banned from the streets and having zone activities, but the stuff goes good. Everything is normal.

So far the district leader responsibilities are going good, a couple of struggles here and there, but it is all good. Things are pretty dynamic in the apartment right now because of a troubled missionary that we are living with. Lots of problems that could be so easily solved, but they just have to become more difficult because of stubbornness and selfishness. That is one thing that I have learned that is very important in all relationships, no matter what kind, long distance, day to day, coworkers, family members, acquaintances, whatever situation you can think of. That is, honesty, obedience and I don´t know how to explain it but you could say it this way, don’t do dumb stuff and then try to cover it up and make it seem like you were really in the right. I guess it would be best summed up as owning up to what you do and not trying to do things that you know you shouldn't be doing and think that you are going to get away with it. I have learned a lot of lessons during the mission and this has probably been one of the most mentally tiring ones and has thrown all kinds of thoughts into my head and I just don't know what to do with the situation sometimes. I am super glad I have a zone leader and the mission president to look to though because if it weren't that way this would be really annoying. Poor mission president, I can only imagine.

As for the work and everything, we have people on vacation and the holidays kind of messed with us but I am hoping that in this next week, the things will recover a bit. This week we also have our zone conference, so that is always exciting. I love talking with president. I would hate to be in a situation doing something or not doing anything and be afraid to talk to my leaders. That would just be one of those sick feelings in your gut.

Well, anyway, this has been the dose of real life? But through it all I am doing super well. Love you guys. Keep working hard. By the way, Kim asked me if I was feeling good about my Spanish and if I had started dreaming in Spanish yet. I would say that I am pretty close to fluent if not already there, that is the gift of tongues for you, and I sleep talk in Spanish but you would have to ask my comp about that cause I don't remember :) Love you Family!
Elder Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment