15 February 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Everything here is pretty good I have got to say. It has been a bit of a difficult week because of the parties that are going on for Carnival and all that but we are doing what we can. We have kind of been starting over recently with new investigators and stuff like that. I think I may have already mentioned that.

As far as all that goes, things are good. We had two investigators that were in church yesterday, one who´s name is Rodrigo. He was found by the other elders but lives in our area. He is a cool guy, he has really bad vision due to cancerous growths in his eyes, so it is difficult for him to read and all that, but we are trying to figure out a way to help him out. If you have any ideas, let me know. Then we had the friend of two young men in the ward that we spoke with the other day and they brought him to church. One of those two young men was baptized recently due to the other friend and now they are working on another; they are quite the team. We found a really cool kid last night after church too.

So after church it was a rather difficult day. We went to try and visit probably about 7 or 8 people and nobody wanted to talk to us, so we were with a member and we went to the church for a moment to figure out what we should do. We left the church and had decided to visit one more person and then to go and knock doors. That person wasn't there and so we went to knock doors. This member, Ricardo, one of the converts since I have been here, is preparing for his mission. So I asked him where he would like to knock doors. We followed him and the first house that we knocked where someone was home, they let us in. It was an 18 year old kid with his grandpa. He listened intently while Ricardo helped him understand. We felt the spirit. He accepted a baptismal date for the 13 of March. He was a direct answer to a prayer. I know he was; so that was a good end to a so so day. So for this week we weren't able to accomplish all of what we wanted to do, and I felt kind of down about it, but hopefully we can get some more stuff done this week.

Today for p-day we were going to go fishing, but the people who we were going to go with got here at 9:30 when they said they’d be here at 7 so we decided not to go. We cleaned, which was really good and we got some time to rest. For lunch I whipped up some of the chicken salad you sent me and shared it with some of the other elders. It has been a good time this past little while, I have learned a lot and I am looking forward to seeing how we can put it into action.

But how are things out your way going? How was your Valentine’s Day, do anything fun? Whatever all of you that are reading this were up to I hope it was enjoyable. I love you all and I look forward to hearing from you again next week. Let me know what´s up and if you have any new questions. Oh and by the way, next week p-day is changed to Tuesday because zone conference is on Monday. Just for next week though, it is still on Mondays normally. Well.... take care! Love you all. Bye.

--Elder Jeff Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment