20 September 2010

Time is flying by!

How is everything going back there? From the sounds of it it seems like things are just going spectacularly. I am glad that you are all doing well and that you are happy with where you are at in life. I know that there are a lot of challenges on all sides, but I also know that as we pull through those challenges, that we can come out on top and enjoy life a whole lot. That is one thing that I have learned on my mission too. There are struggles every day. Sometimes they are tiny, sometimes they are bigger, sometimes they are easy to fix, and sometimes we just can’t do a thing about it. BUT, there is always something that depends on us, our attitude. I’m happy you’ve all got a good attitude about life and I am so stoked to know that you are doing so well.

This week in Universitario has been a week of interesting outcomes. We were talking to Sebastian and while I was on divisions doing a baptismal interview for another companionship my comp and another elder taught him the law of chastity. He seemed to take it really well, what’s more his girlfriend was there, yet when we went back the other day he was a little freaked out. I wish I knew what is going on in his head, but there are definitely a lot of things that we still can do with him. He still has the desire to learn, but we are sort of walking on eggshells at the moment, I know that your prayers have helped him out. I know it depends on his own prayers.

The next best thing that happened this week was that we found two pretty cool families. The first is made up of a mom who is a member, and 5 kids that are not. They are aged 6, 10, 13, 17, and 19. Two so far are for him to leave his listening to us and the other two who are of age we hope to get to listen to us as well. They are super cool and I have noticed recently just how important it is to really get to be friends with your investigators.

My comp struggles a lot with that, he is not so much shy as just in his shell and it is difficult to move from his comfort zone, or talk about life, you know, just small talk with people. He asked me the other day why the people don’t really like him, that took me off guard. He’s struggling a bit with everything, and I am just trying to find the way to help him out.

The other family we found is a mom of about 50 and her two daughters of 23 and 26. They’re pretty cool. They listened to the missionaries for a while about 5 years ago and we have no idea about what happened that time around. They are really interested, or at least curious. And as far as the whole investigator situation is going, things are alright, people are progressing and we are trying to get them to church.

Things are really interesting this time around with training. My comp can speak fairly well, but he gets lost so easily. I feel like he is always just lost. There is just so much information to process and he is just not used to it. There are so many names and so many things to remember about them. It kind of makes me think back to my beginning of the mission experience. I wonder if I was this lost or this worried about every little thing. I am trying to help him learn little by little and overcome the challenges he has but sometimes it is hard cause he doesn’t want to talk about it or just hides. We’ll be walking down the street and he will walk a couple meters behind me. I don’t know what to do, but we will just keep on keeping on and help him out.

So it is getting rather toasty here. We went to centro today and I bought a couple of souvenirs, and then we went to the church and some members from one of the branches made lunch for us since today was Donaldson’s birthday. It was a pretty fun p-day, tonight we have a lesson with Sebastian and with the family of 3 we found. So wish us luck. And tomorrow we have a normal day and in the night we have to go to centro to get my comp’s foot checked out. Then on Wednesday we have divisions with a companionship in my district, then on Thursday it is zone conference and divisions again to do more interviews, then Friday weekly planning and a trip to do more interviews, then Saturday I am sure there will be something interesting, and then Sunday and then I will write you again. So there you have it. This week is going to FLY by. Then it is General Conference. I challenge each and every one of you to watch every session (I will :) Well, I Love you all a ton, never forget that. till next time.

Elder Jeff Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment